Monday, June 1, 2009

Happy birthday Laken




I can't believe he is three--three years ago I almost died from my anesthesia while having a c-section. I remember feeling really wierd--my legs started hurting and I couldn't breathe--they kicked dan out while my blood pressure dropped to almost nothing. apparently Laken hated every minute of it because they doctor told us he was kicking and moving like crazy. Laken was born with red hair and long fingers and toes. He spent 4 or 5 hours in the nicu because he came out grunting--he also needed an echo because the doctor heard a murmur at birth. I think he just needed to cook in my uterus a few more days. He was 8 lbs 7 oz and 21 inches long. talk about a colicy baby. I don't think he was truly happy until about 3 months old. Now he is goofy and pretty happy all of the time..

4 comments:

Mbdiamond said...

Cherrie, it just blows my mind how old he looks and how fast these past 3 years have flown!

Happy Birthday L!

cherrie said...

me too shannon--it brings tears to my eyes

Robin said...

Happy Birthday little guy!!!! Remember when we were both sooo sick with m/s...where does the time go?

cherrie said...

I don't know but it makes me sad