Sunday, August 15, 2010

this week in computer class bought more microsoft excel with the addition of charts--pie, columns, bars ect. I told my husband I think I could actually be helpful to someone or to myself with this newfound knowledge. unfortunately as a lpn in the pulmonary department I will quietly practice microsoft excel/charting in the comfort of my own home.
on a side note--I had to have my wedding ring cut off of my finger today. I wear three rings--on saturday night I was fidgeting with all of my rings and placed my wedding ring on my left hand index finger where it remained all night. In the morning when I attempted to take my ring off my finger swelled to three times its normal size. I tried windex, soap, lotion to no avail. today when my finger looked as if it may need to be amputated I went to a jewelry store. Two young women helped my husband saw the ring off of my finger ensuring us that it could still be welded back together. what relief when the ring finally came off--all due to my ridiculous stupidity.

2 comments:

kwindolph said...

That is really horrible!!!!! I am sorry that happened, but I did chuckle a little because I have done that. Fortunately for me, I got it off, but it hurt like hell!!! See ya in class tomorrow!

CIS_120_Blog said...

I do not wear my ring. I love my fingers freedom and would not have to worry for this types of accidents :)