Thursday, November 13, 2008

surprise

My mom called me a few days ago to inform me that she and her husband- terry are planning on moving to Iowa. currently they live in small town in northern washington. terry might possibly lose his job in the near future--and there would be no reason to stay in the area except that terry's son and daughter live nearby.
they found a farmhouse in Iowa--near my sister--that sits on 7 acres for 75,000 dollars.
needless to say this news came as a shock to me--
I am happy for my sister--if everything works out--she will only be a few miles away from my mom.
I miss being near my family--at one point we all lived within 5-10 miles of each other
at that point we didn't really appreciate each other and spend as much time together as we should have. only after I moved away did I realize how special that family/sister bond is.
I hope it works out..

No comments: