Tuesday, January 20, 2009

sadie and laken are alway fighting--"laken hit me" followed by "sadie hit me" are common phrases heard at our house. there are definitely sharing issues involves in these confrontations--and a lot of time I rely on sadie to be the "bigger" person and share toys with her brother.
I know siblings are supposed to argue and not always get along--I remember my sister and I chasing each other around the house...but it seems to be constant here.
they still want to take baths together but someone always ends up crying... sometimes I wonder if it is because they are different sexes or their personalities are so different. dan tells me it will get better as they get older--I just don't know.
they do have their moments though like when sadie insists on giving laken a goodnight kiss, or laken gives sadie a cookie, or her blanket just because. I know they love each other--laken needs to know where sadie is every minute of the day--and sadie has to always open laken's door for him when we get in the truck. I just look forward to the day when they enjoy each others company more...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may need to dig your heels in for a bit ... my brother and I were the same way ... my mom could have written the same thing ...

We started getting along great when I got my drivers license ... so when I was 16 and my brother was 13 ... every year after that it got stronger ...

Mbdiamond said...

I was just going to say....

it gets better WHEN?? 'cause mine are going on 10 & 8 and we're still living it, lol...

Robin said...

It seems to depend on personalities not necessarily age or gender. Colton (16) and Julia (13) have always fought like maniacs...I don't see it ending any time soon.

Unknown said...

ditto on Robin, we fought until our late teens. you're doing a good job though or they wouldn't have those kind, tender moments either. poor gemma, starting your period is traumatic. if you both cycle at the same time then the boys had better take cover.

cherrie said...

I know shannon
gemma and brecken get along better then sadie and laken tho and they always have--personality issues i guess