Sunday, February 15, 2009

there is nothing quite like the feeling of having all four of my kiddos at home under one roof with me. things mesh so well--don't get me wrong they all have their moments but most of the time it just feels so right.
brecken and sadie share a room at the moment--they have a bunkbed--brecken on top and sadie on the bottom. I have given up decorating because they are just into too different of things at the moment--it would end up being half starwars and half princess. brecken enjoys being a big brother--and sadie adores him to no end. last night they had a sleepover on the top bunk and piled all of their stuffed animals together and watched movies until they passed out. brecken is 8 and sadie is 4 1/2--what an amazing bond they have developed.
gemma is getting to that age where she feels comfortable babysitting for a few hours if I need to run errands kid free--tonight she made dinner and I was able to sneak out to see a movie--bride wars--blissful escape
laken adores gemma and will usually go to her if he gets hurt or needs something--even if i am there. I love watching my children interact and knowing they will be there for each other.
My sister and I are very close--there is just she and i--my parents only wanted two children. now she has 8 children and I have 4. I am not sure how exactly we ended up with such large families--I know it wasn't the plan in the beginning--at least not our plan. I am very thankful and feel very blessed tho.

1 comment:

Robin said...

That is so special! Nothing like a sibling bond, it lasts forever.