Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I had a really rough week. I became an unemployed statistic as of last wednesday. I really had no clue that things had gotten that bad at work where they actually would lay people off. It is a pediatric clinic for petes sake--sick kids are a guarantee!!
so I walked into work on wednesday and noticed another coworker of mine was crying--I thought to myself--hmm wonder what is going on with her. I asked another coworker and she stated that the coworker crying had been laid off. before I had time to digest this--I was called into one of the doctor's offices by the office manager where 2 doctors stood with my severance check informing me it was nothing I had done just economics.
Everything happens for a reason right? this would be a great time to pack things up and move to bend but now we can't get a loan for a house because I am unemployed. and if we move--can we really afford to keep our house in bend. these are things dan and I need to think throught before we make any decisions. I applied for unemployment, am trying to get organized at home--things that a full-time job didn't allowe me time for--cleaning out drawers, cupboards, deep cleaning. and last of all I am going to enjoy time with my babies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As much as it sucks getting laid off you have a great attitude about it ... and any time we get to spend with our kids is special ... :)

cherrie said...

thanks liz
too bad we couldn't hang out while you are on maternity leave:)