Monday, March 30, 2009

my day

what a day---poor laken had 2 horrible nosebleeds today--the first one we were driving to the mall and he sneezed--and blood literally seemed like it was gushing out of his nose--I was driving so dan jumped in the backseat and applied pressure as well as a 2 year old would allow for--it lasted about 10-15 minutes.
the second nosebleed happened at the park. this one was much more severe and laken refused to hold still for me to hold my quiznos napkins to his nose. by the end of his nosebleed we were both covered in blood and it seriously looked and felt like I was trying to kill the poor little guy. I am not sure what is going on with him. I was told to put vasoline in the nostril and tell him not to pick his nose by the advice nurse at the pediatric clinic--GOOD LUCK TO ME

today was also my first day of microbiology--the first hour consisted of bunsen burners, transferring e coli and other strange sounding microbes into different mediums with aprons and safety goggles on--I seriously felt like I was on a different planet and wasn't quite getting what was going on. we didn't have enough time to finish our labs before lecture was going to start. I am going to need to do some serious study time with this class--the instructor is recommending 3 hours of studying to one hour of classroom lecture--so 6 hours a week. I want to do well but 6 hours??????
that was my day in a nutshell except for the fact I also worked out for over an hour when I got home from school. dan waited for me--what could i say??

No comments: