Saturday, August 2, 2008

dentist

I abhor going to the dentist--probaly because by the time i go there is always something majorly wrong. I took sadie to the dentist on tuesday--she had three cavities and needed some work done. well that same day my tooth started hurting--what are the odds?
i haven't been to a dentist--in at least 3 years maybe 4. i know i know--kind of irresponsible of me. but i truly cringe when i take one of my kids to the dentist--the smell, the sounds....I had a lot of dental work done when i was younger and a horrible abscessed tooth at about 23.
so when i went to the dentist on tuesday they found that i have 2 baby teeth on the bottom--twins--one on each side. one was decayed down to the nerve. so i need one extraction, one crown, a root canal, and eventually another extraction, an implant, and a "flipper"--a fake tooth with a retainer. 2700 dollars worth of dental work--wth?? and our dental insurance sucks!! 1000 dollars a calendar year. i know i should be grateful we even have insurance....it just really hits hard right now.
one of our tires on our gmc yukon cracked and we had to buy new tires and wheels..
anyway--my dental work will just have to be done in a few phases so we can save up the money. my first phase is this tuesday--my first dental extraction--at least they have iv sedation==whoo hoo.

1 comment:

Robin said...

I'm sorry you have to go through all that!! But iv sedation...yay! I have never had that with any of my dental work, I'm jealous!!!