Friday, August 22, 2008

mommy

I hear the word mommy seven zillion times a day
laken and sadie fight for my attention 24/7--mommy this, mommy that
"mommy watch me" is laken's most used expression of the year
isn't it magical when your child says mommy for the first time? you want to record that day, hour and minute when your child decides that it is time to declare his knowledge of who you are.

it is not so magical at this point. I am bombarded with mommy so often these days my head spins. I want to feel it to feel special again like the first time they say the word mommy but let me tell you if i hear the word mommy one more time my head may just spin around in poltergeist.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Hey you late night blogger! Love the post, but watch the head! Might scare the kids!

Shell said...

I know the feeling and I only have one who says mommy. the closest L comes to calling my mommy is "Yaya" and that is only when he says i love you. "Yaya luff ooo" (is what it sounds like LOL)

Robin said...

Sometimes, I think it sounds like a police siren going off over and over and over.....hope you are able to clean your head tonight!