Saturday, September 6, 2008

nosebleeds

laken has had horrendous nosebleeds the past few days. the kind that you can't stop and the blood is flowing onto everything.
I am a nurse and it still freaked me out--I knew I had to hold pressure for 5 minutes but he just wouldn't sit still . we wrestled on the bed, the floor, the bathroom--it looked like a murder scene after we were done.
I managed to get him in the bathtub and eventually the bleeding stopped.
there's something about watching your own child hurting and scared that makes you feel so helpless.

3 comments:

Shell said...

Boo went through this stage last winter. Make sure he isn't picking his nose (that is what was causeing boos) and as for the bleeding DH and I basicly made a bed in the tub of old towels we didn't mind if they got ruined, it took a bit to get him tosit on it but once we got him to sit dwon on the bath tub bed he thought it was neat and didn't care what we did.

Mbdiamond said...

Poor Laken! You're right though... it's much easier to handle a situation if it's not your child that's involved!

Robin said...

Poor little guy! Hope he doesn't have to deal with that any more!