Thursday, September 11, 2008

romance

I crave romance in my life. I love my husband dearly but his idea of romance is picking up flowers when I mention I haven't gotten flowers in a while.
I admit I was spoiled in my first marriage--flowers, cards, poems, and just thinking about you gifts were a weekly occurrence.. but obviously that didn't get us through
okay given we are super busy. we have 4 kids, 2 full-time jobs, appointments, yadda yadda yadda
I used to buy dan cards now and then to tell him i love him or i was thinking about him--he really could care less--so i have given up
I know my husband loves me--that isn't even a question but I wish he would show me more--notes, gestures, glances, should these things all come naturally? are we too fargone in our marriage to start some romance?
I want him to run a bath with candles or offer to wash my hair
a massage --longer then a small back rub
a picnic to watch the sunset--you get the sitter
make my favorite dinner or a yummy dessert we can share
buy me some lingerie you think would look nice on me.....
love you honey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what I've been told when we talk about this at our house? He's afraid of being rejected, or that I'll be crabby about his efforts ... so he'd rather just not make me upset.

That's pathetic to me. I must try harder to be more ... I don't know ... nice?

I'm in the same boat as you -- with my desires to be more affectionate and passionate and romantic!

cherrie said...

I would love to see some effort from dan--any effort!!

Robin said...

Have you read "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman? It is a good read for both hubby and wife, I need to read it again. I think life gets too busy and sometimes our marriages suffer because of it.