Tuesday, September 9, 2008

reading

I love to read--anybody that truly knows me--knows this about me
a new book is comparable to a fine wine or a decadent piece of chocolate cake to me.
the crispness of the unread pages, the stiffness of the binding, the smell
I prefer to buy and read new books but am not choosy if they are passed onto me as my hobby can get quite expensive
I read to escape, to learn, for enjoyment, to relax
going to barnes and noble is so dangerous--I usually stay away..
give me a good book any day
my husband doesn't read--not unless it is on the internet or a magazine. it is just not his thing and probaly never will be unless he is injured to the point he has no use of his arms and legs anymore and all dirt bikes and golf clubs were exterminated from the earth.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know it.

what are you reading right now?

Shell said...

i know that feeling about reading. I get obcessed over chars. like for instance I am head over heels for Edward in the twilight novels (READ THEM!) and the only thing better than a new book is my first eddition peter pan *grins*

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin said...

Lol about Dan! Jesse is that way, too. I see Anita Shreve has a new book out, do you have it?

cherrie said...

I am reading the shack by young, jacobsen, and cummings, do not have anita shreves new one--will have to check it out!!